[SciPy-dev] Inclusion of cython code in scipy

Thu Apr 24 08:50:28 CDT 2008

> I'm afraid I can't buy this at all.  Good test-driven programming
> practice makes debugging easier, but when it comes down to it, cython or
> otherwise you are just going to have to roll up your sleeves and debug C
> anyway.  Lets face it, C is underneath all of this and if something goes
> wrong at that level you need to know how it works to debug at all.

What is cool with Cython is that you can use the Python debugger to start
the debugging process, where a lot can be done. Indeed, Cython gives back
the Cython code to the Python traceback, and this is great.

French PhD student