[SciPy-dev] status of splinalg

Aric Hagberg hagberg@lanl....
Wed Feb 6 13:12:10 CST 2008

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 01:07:48PM -0600, Nathan Bell wrote:
> Remaining tasks with owners:
>       (1) sandbox.lobpcg -> splinalg.eigen.lobpcg
>       (2) sandbox.arpack -> splinalg.eigen.arpack
>       (3) create splinalg.eigen.speigs

I just checked in code for (2) and updated the arpack tickets:

I added a comment to the primary ticket explaining the details:

These can be closed:

This one is an enhancement TBD:

(3) is not completed and needs some specifications for the interface.

The tests for complex and double complex matrices have been commented
out since they fail (Bus Error) on OSX/gfortran with the standard
vecLib framework.  They do work correctly with custom ATLAS libraries.
Perhaps this could be related to gfortran ABI issues
(e.g. http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/ticket/238 ) or perhaps other
issues with the vecLib code.  I'd like some help trying to figure
that out - should I file a ticket?