[SciPy-dev] Status of weave

Thu Jan 17 10:18:35 CST 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2008 3:33 PM, C. Ball <ceball@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> I have no idea about how the converters work, or how much work it
>> would be to add a conversion for 'O'. Can anyone comment on that (how
>> much work it would be), or on any related plans he/she might have for
>> developing weave?
> As far as I know, no one is answering this question about development
> plans for weave because no one has plans to further develop weave.

This is not quite accurate.  Eric has spent time recently, in fact on
updating and fixing the weave type converters.   I don't know of plans
to support 'O' types, but I don't believe it would be difficult with
what I know about it.

There has also been talk of merging f2py and weave together into a
larger compiled-code library and/or subsuming weave into f2py (depending
on who does what work...)

But, absolutely, you have to either convince someone to work on it, or
dig in and do it yourself.

-Travis O.