[SciPy-dev] NumPy 1.2.0 and SciPy 0.7.0 schedule

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Fri Jul 25 12:23:04 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 7:28 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Generally, I am a bit worried by the amount of new code in scipy: there
> was a bit too much new functionality since 0.6 IMHO. What about
> releaseing a 0.7 at the same time as numpy 1.2, and then focusing more
> on bug fixing/API consolidation in 0.8 ?

I would rather see us focus on getting a series of bugfix releases
(0.7.1, 0.7.2, etc.) out than starting to work on 0.8.0.  Of course,
that is just another way of saying I completely agree with you.

I think we will also need to mark a few packages (e.g., stats.models)
as technology previews with the expectation that there may be bugs and
that the API for these specific packages hasn't been finalized.

Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
phone: 510.643.4014