[SciPy-dev] Google Summer of Code 2008 and SciPy

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Sat Mar 8 11:07:29 CST 2008

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008, Robert Kern apparently wrote:
> I'm guessing that it was Alan Isaac who requested
> econometric functions.

Just to elaborate a bit on Robert's comment ...

I volunteered to be a mentor *if* the SciPy project decides
to fund a student to expand the econometric capabilities of
SciPy.  Availability of a mentor does NOT ensure that this
will be a SciPy priority.  (It does not hurt, of course.)

My personal interest is in seeing more time-series related
econometric functionality in SciPy.  (For examples of
desirable functionality, I suggested looking at the
functionality of the commercial EViews software, which is
very popular for econometric time-series analysis.)
However the priorities of the SciPy project may prove to be

Note that SciPy contains substantial basic functionality
already.  For example, see

Alan Isaac