[SciPy-dev] Numpy/Cython Google Summer of Code project idea

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sun Mar 23 20:15:14 CDT 2008

Hi Adam

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 7:21 PM, AJ Raczkowski
<Adam.Raczkowski@tufts.edu> wrote:
> My name is Adam Raczkowski, and I'm interested in working on the proposed
> GSoC project for this summer, 2008.
> I am currently in my junior year as an undergrad at Tufts University. My
> majors are computer science and mathematics. I discovered SciPy/NumPy during
> a class I took this past fall in numerical linear algebra, and I remain very
> much interested in that field.
> I would like to discuss this project (conversion of code to cython) with a
> possible mentor so that I can ensure this would be a good fit for me.

I see there hasn't been any response yet, so let me chip in.  There
are many advantages to having our routines in cython, so that is
certainly a good suggestion for a project.  Unfortunately, the numpy
support in cython is the topic of another GSOC 2008 project IIRC, and
as I see it your project would require the work done there to

Let's hear what the other people on the list have to say.