[SciPy-dev] Generating SciPy Sphinx HTML

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sun Nov 2 19:57:47 CST 2008

(Answered on IRC, but let's answer it also here.)

Sun, 02 Nov 2008 17:15:52 -0800, Damian Eads wrote:
> When invoking make, I get an error because ext/autosummary_generate.py
> cannot be found. Is this auto-generated or did someone forget to check
> this in? Please advise.
> [eads@localhost scipy-docs]$ make html mkdir -p build
> ./ext/autosummary_generate.py source/*.rst \
>                 -p dump.xml -o source/generated
> /bin/sh: ./ext/autosummary_generate.py: No such file or directory make:
> *** [build/generate-stamp]

The ext directory comes from
and the Makefile checks it out by itself. (Damian clarified that in this
case the checkout was interrupted earlier, but it had already created the
ext/ directory, and so left the ext/ checkout incomplete.)

Pauli Virtanen