[SciPy-dev] [Numpy-discussion] Proposal: scipy.spatial

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Mon Oct 6 15:17:50 CDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Anne Archibald
<peridot.faceted@gmail.com> wrote:
> to use the code. In particular, some query functions do not currently
> return the actual distance, since one of the shortcuts is to include
> whole branches of the tree if their bounding box lies inside the ball

That's a reasonable choice, we'd want to leave the door open for such

> of interest. I suspect that for many algorithms of interest it will be
> necessary to write a custom tree-walking algorithm. I'm not sure
> whether it makes sense to try to provide functions to support this.

I agree with Prabhu, start simple and elicit feedback.

IMO speed for the common query types is more important than support
for sophisticated traversals.

Thanks again for your work Anne.

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com