[SciPy-dev] [MAJOR BUG] latest numpy leads to scikits fail [was: installing openopt]

Mon Sep 22 08:03:14 CDT 2008

>> Do you have any idea how to do the trick?
> I think you should avoid dealing with the filesystem after installation
> if at all possible. This is really fragile, and difficult to get right
> on every platform/condition. If you can't, you should use the ressources
> API, which is part of python itself; I don't think there is any other way:
> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PythonEggs#accessing-package-resources
> But I don't know enough about openopt to be 100 % affirmative.

Isn't it possible to just use the zip_safe switch ? For the moment,
openopt declares that it can run from a zip file, but it cannot. I may
be missing something though...

French PhD student
Information System Engineer
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/