[SciPy-dev] Problems packaging GSoC statsmodels code as scikit

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Sat Aug 22 12:06:36 CDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 1:45 AM, Robert Kern<robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 19:09, Skipper Seabold<jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I have been trying to package the models code using the scikits
>> template and have run into a problem.
>> On linux, both Kubuntu 64-bit and openSuSE 32-bit, I can install the
>> package (sudo python setup.py install), but when I do
>> from scikits import statsmodels
>> statsmodels.test()
> Known issue. setuptools installs files with the executable flag set
> (for quite silly reasons), and nosetests refuses to load such files by
> default. nose 0.11 has an option to disable that behavior.

This is the case, of course.  I'm just not clear on what the
workaround is for the statsmodels tests (ie., not running nosetests on
the command line).  Do I need to change the tests to inherit from
np.testing.TestCase?  If so, then I think I need to move all of the
__init__ setup of the tests to a setup method.  I don't see any
special configuration options in any of the other scikits.