[SciPy-dev] new member.

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Sun Feb 22 22:51:31 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:34 PM, Joe Harrington <jh@physics.ucf.edu> wrote:
> My position is that if we make this package easy for new people to
> install and learn (as in, click in synaptic or yum or whatever package
> manager you use, read an obviously-placed getting started doc, and
> start playing), it will spread rapidly.  Teachers and professors will
> use it in their classes because they know anyone can run it on any
> machine, easily and for free.  The resulting, enlarged community will
> then make it much easier to build out and maintain, since that will
> solve the labor problem.

Unfortunately, those things are the least fun to work on :)

Kevin, you might also look over the roadmap and open tickets to see if
anything piques your interest.

I primarily work on the sparse module, so if you're interested in
sparse matrices and/or solvers I can suggest some ideas.

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com