Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Feb 23 15:44:01 CST 2009

2009/2/23 Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 15:24, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>> Hi Robert
>> 2009/2/23 Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com>:
>>> Why is that? Push your git branch to github.
>> What do you say to the merging difficulties that SVN causes?  Git-svn
>> doesn't address that, unfortunately.
> Scenario? There are several merging difficulties of SVN, and I do
> believe that git-svn addresses at least some of them. Precisely what
> are you thinking of?

I was thinking of this, from

Running git-merge or git-pull is NOT recommended on a branch you plan
to dcommit from. Subversion does not represent merges in any
reasonable or useful fashion; so users using Subversion cannot see any
merges you've made. Furthermore, if you merge or pull from a git
branch that is a mirror of an SVN branch, dcommit may commit to the
wrong branch.