[SciPy-dev] Scikits portal suggestions (Was: The future of SciPy...)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Feb 26 13:45:42 CST 2009

Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:17:07 +0200, Stéfan van der Walt wrote:
> I don't know if you've visited the portal to SciKits:
> http://scikits.appspot.com.  If we can make any changes to facilitate
> packaging, let me know.

I think a couple of things should be done on the portal to make it feel
more finished:

1. Write a blurb for all of the scikits. (I can also do this, if you tell
   me how...) The portal page currently looks quite empty and somewhat

   Or should this happen automatically via PyPi?

2. A link to the portal should be added in a visible place @ scipy.org,
   when it's ready.

3. PyPi links & instructions for packages that are not in PyPi should
   be hidden.

4. openopt seems to live nowadays at openopt.org

Pauli Virtanen