[SciPy-dev] Improving the bug tracking workflow: starting document

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Fri Feb 27 08:25:46 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 7:56 AM,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:28 AM, David Cournapeau
> <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    Following the discussions, I have started to write a small document
>> highlighting my current gripes with trac. I focus on some common
>> scenario, and pin-point trac limitations. I mention possible new tools
>> at the end, but that's not the main point: everybody who is also
>> disatisfied with trac, and maybe even more importantly people who are
>> currently satisfied and think their scenario is not covered should feel
>> free to comment/modify it:
>> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/ImprovingIssueWorkflow
>> I put the initial version in svn as well:
>> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/browser/trunk/doc/neps/newbugtracker.rst.
>> cheers,
>> David
> Just two quick comments:
> * I like the integration of the bug tracker and svn, browsing between
> old tickets and revisions is pretty easy.  Similarly, integrated
> timeline for svn and issue tracker makes tracking new code and issues
> easy.
> * eclipse integration with trac issues works well with mylyn, but I
> haven't used it much and not for scipy,
>  eclipse integration with svn is very good.
> Josef

I connected my eclipse mylyn with the scipy trac tickets and have
tickets that are assigned to me on my local computer where I can mark
them as read or unread. But for now I like the web interface better.
But this works after some trial and error.

Also, since David mentioned sql queries in another thread, I set up a
report that sorts tickets by change time. It helps to see which
tickets where recently commented on. But since this is the first time,
I do this, and I'm not very familiar with sql, this still needs
However, this helps with the main problem, I had with the trac ticket
listing, and maybe some additional specialized reports will make
keeping an overview of tickets easier, even with the current trac