[SciPy-dev] [SciPy-User] SciPy Foundation

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jul 31 16:13:48 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 16:04, Joe Harrington<jh@physics.ucf.edu> wrote:
> Robert wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:06, Joe Harrington<jh@physics.ucf.edu> wrote:
>> > Enthought appears to have code covered by virtue of
>> > having hired Travis, Robert, etc.;
>> Eh, what? We work on numpy and scipy in our spare time, just like
>> everyone else. There are rare occasions when a client wants to fund a
>> particular feature, or we need to fix a bug in the course of our work,
>> but that's a far cry from having "code covered".
> Then please accept my profusest apologies!  Eric mentioned to me that
> Enthough had paid significantly for scipy development and I thought
> that meant a portion of developers' time.  Perhaps this was just in
> the past.

Still do; it's just not part of our daily duties and is usually
focused on what we need, not general maintenance. Not to mention the
infrastructure support.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco