[SciPy-dev] Continuous Wavelet Transform for SciPy

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Sat Mar 28 20:57:57 CDT 2009

Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:44:31 -0500, Sean Arms wrote:
> Here is an example using the cwt code with the Mexican Hat wavelet:
> I'll add an enhancement ticket in Scipy's Trac once I get some initial
> feedback.

A suggestion: write some documentation for this module as you go on. (And
so be a good example for the rest of us, currently Scipy's documentation
is not very good :)

I suggest the following:

  - In doc/source/signal.rst add a new section "Continuous Wavelets"
    that contains an autosummary:: listing of the routines you have.

    Also add a line

    .. toctree:: signal.cwt.rst

    in this section

  - Create a new file, doc/source/signal.cwt.rst that contains

    - Maybe a brief summary of what's in the module.

    - Possibly some definitions that people need (probably best to assume
      that they have the necessary background knowledge).

    - Some examples of the use, for example that what you just posted.
      Code can be put on lines such as ">>> import numpy as np".

      If you want to include figures, just add the code that generates
      them like this:

      .. plot::

         import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
         plt.plot([1,2,3,4], [5,6,7,8])

    - Some references.

  - Probably no need to worry if it builds with Sphinx at this stage
    if you don't have time to spare, the formatting can be fixed later on

Pauli Virtanen