[SciPy-dev] 0.7.1: new schedule

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Fri May 22 18:41:40 CDT 2009

Fri, 22 May 2009 14:51:36 +0900, David Cournapeau wrote:
> But not this one: the changes do not apply, there need to be other
> commits as well - even by importing assert_to_tol code as well for the
> tests to run, 5 tests are failing.

I'd like to backport everything from trunk in scipy.special, except the

	9600bcf... Revert "use np.power in rdist (test commit with bzr)"
	ff046c6... Do not detect Endianess in Cephes.
	3a99ec1... Add test case for ndtr.

The bzr commit was broken, and the ndtr/endianness fixes break other
things. All other commits are bugfixes of some sort; no feature additions
here. What are fixed is:

	#803	- pbdv errors
	#503	- reimplementation of real Bessel I
	#854	- correct NaN returns for iv/jv/ etc when out-of-domain
	#853	- fix invalid return values from complex Bessel functions
	#623	- fix invalid return values from real Bessel J
	#852	- make Bessel zeros computable for orders > 100

Plus some minor documentation fixes.

And also the following:

- The special functions now raise warnings instead of printing to stderr,
  if the errprint toggle is enabled (it was and is disabled by default.

- The real-valued jve, ive, yve, kve, and kv functions return now NAN
  when the result would be complex-valued. (Previously they returned the
  real part.)

I have the stuff already backported here:

The differences to trunk are minimal:

	git diff --stat ..svn/trunk -- scipy/special

	 scipy/special/cephes/mconf.h      |   12 +++++++++++-
	 scipy/special/tests/test_basic.py |    4 +++-

I used this script to do the backporting:

And it went like this:

The -o mode of git-cherry-tree seems to be useful for keeping track of
stuff to backport.

BTW, do we want to do backports commit-by-commit, or in larger chunks?
Currently, this is commit-by-commit.

Pauli Virtanen