[SciPy-dev] Setup doesn't pickup Intel Fortran compiler

Sat May 30 00:56:21 CDT 2009

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> The numpy 1.3.0 tarball from the sf webpage.
> Missing SConscript is something I use regularly, it isn't a problem.

Ok, the SConscript files were not added to the tarballs - I fixed
MANIFEST.in so that won't happen again. I never use tarballs, and only
test them with distutils, which is why I have never caught this problem.

> It seems indeed that the Fortran detection is tricky ;)

Yes - and to make it even more 'interesting', tool detection is not
great with scons either. The current scheme in numscons is very crude.