[SciPy-dev] ANN: SciPy India 2009 Call for Presentations

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Thu Nov 5 04:52:37 CST 2009

Call for Presentations

The SciPy India 2009 Program Committee is currently developing the conference
program.  We are seeking presentations from industry as well as the
academic world.

We look forward to hearing your recent breakthroughs using Python! Please
read the full `call for papers <http://scipy.in/talks-cfp/>`_.

SciPy India 2009 Conference

The first `SciPy India Conference <http://scipy.in>`_ will be held
from December 12th to 17th, 2009 at the `Technopark in Trivandrum
<http://www.technopark.org/>`_, Kerala, India.

The theme of the conference will be "Scientific Python in Action" with
respect to application and teaching.  We are pleased to have Travis
Oliphant, the creator and lead developer of `numpy
<http://numpy.scipy.org>`_ as the keynote speaker.

Please register `here <http://scipy.in>`_.

Important Dates

* Friday, Nov. 20: Abstracts Due
* Friday, Nov. 27: Announce accepted talks, post schedule
* Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 12-13               Conference
* Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 14-15        Tutorials
* Wednesday-Thursday, Dec. 16-17     Sprints

* Jarrod Millman, Neuroscience Institute, UC Berkeley, USA (Conference Co-Chair)
* Prabhu Ramachandran, Department of Aerospace Engineering,
 IIT Bombay, India (Conference Co-Chair)

* National Mission On Education through ICT - Ministry of Human
Resource Development, Government of India
* SPACE-Kerala (India)
* Kerala State IT Mission(KSITM)