[SciPy-dev] doc.<item> == module?

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Thu Nov 12 20:26:48 CST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 8:55 PM, David Goldsmith
<d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!  Are the various doc.<name> (e.g., doc.basics, doc.creation, etc.)
> modules?  Does it vary (i.e., some are, some aren't)?  (I'm compiling a list
> of the "Being written" and "Needs editing" module docstrings.)  Thanks!

I've never seen these files before. It looks like, each module (that I
checked) is just a docstring that is included into the numpy
documentation. Bu, After a quick look it doesn't seem that they can be
edited where they are displayed in the rst source, e.g.

However, they can be edited as a module, e.g.

So it looks like that these are part of the User Guide in the docs.