[SciPy-dev] consistency for documenting mathematical functions in numpy.core.umath

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Oct 21 22:33:18 CDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 22:05, Angel Yanguas-Gil
<angel.yanguas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have noticed that the structure of the docstrings (sections, etc.)
> of the mathematical functions defined in numpy.core.umath change from
> function to function. Maybe it is an old topic but, would it be worth
> to unify them - i.e., using the same reference sources, same section
> structure, consistent cross-reference between methods etc. ?

The standard is here:

You can help fix nonconforming docstrings here:

You may be looking at older versions. There has been substantial
effort put into improving this aspect of the docstrings recently.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco