[SciPy-dev] 0.8 release date?

Sun Feb 21 19:59:55 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM, David Cournapeau <david@silveregg.co.jp>wrote:

> josef.pktd@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 12:28 PM, Warren Weckesser
> > <warren.weckesser@enthought.com> wrote:
> >> Is there currently a target date (even a tentative one) for the release
> >> of 0.8?
> >
> > And related, does scipy trunk stay numpy 1.4 compatible or will there
> > be a numpy 2.0 requirement?
> Scipy trunk requires at least the changes Pauli, Chuck and me have been
> working on for improving scipy.special.
I haven't done much, if anything, on scipy.special. There are two things I
could contribute:

1) Fix the orthogonal polynomials to use the new Chebyshev feature in numpy

2) Add the generalized Remez (hermitean complex) algorithm. I'm not sure
where it should go, maybe in the optimize category? The other possibility
might be interpolate. I wish we had a 'fitting' category for such things.

I'm going to be darn busy from March through April, however.