[SciPy-dev] Is "Creative Commons: Attribution" an acceptable license for datasets included in scipy ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Jan 12 10:38:18 CST 2010

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:34,  <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Bruce Southey <bsouthey@gmail.com> wrote:

>> The answer really depends on what country, what the data is ('facts' are
>> not copyrightable), how (and when) it was collected and who  collected it.
> Do we need a disclaimer, don't look at the data if you are in Australia?

No, we would simply not distribute such data at all since those terms
are inconsistent with our licensing policy.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco