[SciPy-Dev] Opinions re: duplication of content

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Sun Jul 11 09:45:55 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Tom Grydeland <tom.grydeland@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10. juli 2010, at 22.58, David Goldsmith <d.l.goldsmith@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> numpy.fft has a lengthy, referenced "Background" section on DFT's in
>> general; opinions, please, re: duplicating vs. referencing that
>> content in scipy.fftpack.basic.
> To me, referencing it is the best -- only one copy to keep current.

We had a brief discussion on the mailing list a while ago about the
background docs for fftpack, repeating a few paragraphs doesn't sound
a lot of duplication.

Some (very incomplete) information is in
put there to rescue the Latex rendered formulas, because they had too
much markup for the docstrings.