[SciPy-Dev] scikits contribution?

Jonathan Stickel jjstickel@vcn....
Thu Jul 15 14:15:16 CDT 2010

On 7/14/10 18:40 , scipy-dev-request@scipy.org wrote:
> Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:15:57 -0700
> From: Jarrod Millman<millman@berkeley.edu>
> Subject: Re: [SciPy-Dev] scikits contribution?
> To: SciPy Developers List<scipy-dev@scipy.org>
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Jarrod Millman<millman@berkeley.edu>  wrote:
>> >  Unfortunately, that link is out dated. ?It says the all use a common
>> >  svn repo, which is no longer true and is no longer recommended. ?It
>> >  also doesn't say anything about PyPI or the scikits.appspot.com site.
> Actually, it does mention PyPI:
>> >  python setup.py register sdist bdist_egg upload -s
> Will register to PyPI, the python package index and upload a gpg
> signed (-s) source (sdist) and binary (bdist) distribution of your
> project.

Thanks for all the responses.  I found github quite easy to use and with
good site documentation.  Here is the source repository:

When I attempted to register and upload to PyPI (after creating a gpg
key), I got an error:

$ python setup.py register sdist bdist_egg upload -s
running register
running egg_info
running build_src
running upload
gpg --detach-sign -a dist/scikits.datasmooth-0.5.tar.gz

You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
user: "Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@vcn.com>"
2048-bit RSA key, ID 30D37C66, created 2010-07-15

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 53, in <module>
     'Topic :: Scientific/Engineering'])
line 186, in setup
     return old_setup(**new_attr)
line 152, in setup
line 987, in run_commands
line 1007, in run_command
line 57, in run
     self.upload_file(command, pyversion, filename)
line 133, in upload_file
     value = value[1]
IndexError: tuple index out of range

It looks like the index was created OK, but no source or binary package
was uploaded.  Any help on this?