[SciPy-Dev] scikits contribution?

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Thu Jul 15 15:02:52 CDT 2010

Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:15:16 -0600, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> $ python setup.py register sdist bdist_egg upload -s
[clip: distutils error]
> "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/
> line 133, in upload_file
> IndexError: tuple index out of range
> It looks like the index was created OK, but no source or binary package
> was uploaded.  Any help on this?

I think I remember seeing this too. This is some distutils bug, I think...

My "fix" was just to edit the "distutils/command/upload.py" and replace

	value = value[1]

on line 133 by the obvious

	if len(value) > 1:
	    value = value[1]
	    value = ""

and hope for the best. Or maybe I ran "upload" on a separate line from
the "sdist" and "bdist".

This is maybe not how it should go.

You can also upload the tarballs on the PyPi website.

Pauli Virtanen