[SciPy-Dev] adding test to test_random.py

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Jun 13 20:20:26 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 20:13, Vincent Davis <vincent@vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> The only test with random in it is
>>> test_random (test_function_base.TestDigitize) ... ok
>>> Which is not part of test_random.py file. ie I see no evidence that is
>>> being run.
>>> So I assume I am still missing something ???
>> Your methods are named "test_rand" and "test_randn". They don't have
>> the string "random" in them.
> I should have been more clear I could not find , test_rand and
> test_randn nor the test_gaussian_reset or other which are in the
> original test_random.py file. I was searching  the output from running
> np.random.test(verbose=2)

If the methods have docstrings, those are printed instead of the name
of the method.

[~]$ python -c "import numpy;numpy.random.test(verbose=2)"
Running unit tests for numpy.random
NumPy version 1.4.0
NumPy is installed in
Python version 2.6.4 |EPD 6.1-1 (32-bit)| (r264:75706, Dec 11 2009,
10:58:54) [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)]
nose version 0.11.1
test_basic (test_random.TestMultinomial) ... ok
test_int_negative_interval (test_random.TestMultinomial) ... ok
test_zero_probability (test_random.TestMultinomial) ... ok
Make sure generated random variables are in [-pi, pi]. ... ok
Test for ticket #921 ... ok
Test for ticket #923 ... ok
Make sure we can accept old state tuples that do not have the cached ... ok
test_basic (test_random.TestSetState) ... ok
Make sure the cached every-other-Gaussian is reset. ... ok
When the state is saved with a cached Gaussian, make sure the cached ... ok
Ensure that the negative binomial results take floating point ... ok

Ran 11 tests in 0.054s

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco