[SciPy-Dev] Speaking of tickets...

josef.pktd@gmai... josef.pktd@gmai...
Wed Mar 31 12:32:08 CDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:15 AM, Warren Weckesser
<warren.weckesser@enthought.com> wrote:
> Just curious: what are the plans for the "Statistic Review" tickets in
> scipy.stats, from April, 2006?  Can any of these be closed?

short answer:
I looked at them and there are several that can be closed, especially
the functions that have been removed or depreciated. For others, I
have to check my notes to see which ones I verified and added tested.

long answer (this were my initial notes when I browsed the tickets):

I found them very inconvenient to work with. Many or most of them are
empty and I didn't find an easy way to get an overview which ones of
the tickets contain useful information and require attention.

I went through them randomly and over those that contain an
attachment, but never systematically. I prefer to open new tickets for
specific issues because they are easier to find. For a status overview
I keep my own list.

I changed, closed or reassigned only a few of them. The owner is still Robert.

trying out some options, I found this view

which sorts tickets by changetime. Tickets up to #74 in the list have
some additional comments.

Is there a way to "Show under each result:  Description", but instead
of Description, I would like to get also the comments?

For the regular use of the trac tickets they don't create much noise
because the statistical review tickets don't count as open tickets.