[SciPy-Dev] Subversion scipy.stats irregular problem with source code example

Skipper Seabold jsseabold@gmail....
Tue Sep 28 12:42:16 CDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:31 PM, James Phillips <zunzun@zunzun.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Skipper Seabold <jsseabold@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think the fitting code should be looked at as experimental.

Just my opinion, so take it for what you will.  It should be okay for
those distributions that do not have a bounded support, but as you
indicated, some do no fitting and just return the start values.

> Oops.  Not knowing this, I naively fit all continuous distributions to
> a user-entered data set and return the fitted results.  Link is:
> http://zunzun.com/StatisticalDistributions/1/
> and push the "Submit" version to fit the example data to all
> continuous distributions.  Takes about 15-20 seconds and shows sorted
> results with graphical output - this is with the SciPy version in
> Ubuntu Lucid Lynx, 0.7.0.

Very cool.  Are the test data sets you use in the public domain?