[SciPy-Dev] Hello / New Tester

Mon Mar 7 22:38:48 CST 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Joshua Grant <joshua.m.grant@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone. I'd like to get involved in SciPy, and develop my python
> skills. I can start with testing, writing some test cases and unit tests for
> end functionality in python. I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Welcome Josh!

There are some tickets in the bug tracker related to (missing) tests,
that could be a good place to start:
Test guidelines are at

Improving the docs is also a good way to get familiar with Scipy. We
have a wiki where you can make commits (need to create a username and
ask on this list for edit permissions):
It would be good to read this first: http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/Front%20Page/

For working on tests (or any code) I recommend using git. The scipy
repo will move from svn to https://github.com/scipy/ on Wednesday if
things go as planned; you can already find an svn mirror there if you
want to get started before then (but you'd have to re-clone on Wed I