[SciPy-Dev] scipy 0.10.0 release schedule update

Sun Oct 30 14:41:51 CDT 2011

Hi all,

For those of you who are wondering what the status of the 0.10.0 release
is, we should have RC1 ready very soon. The blocker was/is that single
precision Arpack routines on OS X are completely broken. For now the plan
is to simply switch to double precision. See

There was one other unresolved issue that came up for the beta release,
which is that on Windows there's a Cython bug which prevents compilation
with any released Cython version. We can't switch to the latest released
Cython + bugfix, because the io.matlab Cython files can't be compiled with
them: http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/ticket/1524. My assessment of this
issue is that it's not a blocker for the release. Please speak up if you