[SciPy-Dev] pull requests and code review

Thu Jan 5 19:27:00 CST 2012

On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Travis Oliphant <travis@continuum.io> wrote:

> Wow that is a much different time frame than I would expect or think
> necessary.
> Where does this rule of thumb come from?
Experience. Think of it as a conference meeting with low bandwidth.

> It has quite a few implications that I don't think are pleasant.  I would
> be quite dissatisfied if my pull requests took 2-3 weeks to get merged.
Join the crowd.

> Is that just your feeling or does that come from empirical data or a
> larger vote?
You just got a complaint, that should tell you something ;)

You've been out of the loop for a couple of years, you need to take time to
feel your way back into things. You may feel that you still own the
property but a lot of squatters have moved in while you were gone...