[SciPy-Dev] Procedure for new code submission (pyHHT)

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac@gmail....
Fri Jun 8 09:40:55 CDT 2012

On 6/8/2012 10:20 AM, Stuart Mumford wrote:
> What are the restiructions on use? Preseumably you can use it for
> acedemic purposes etc.?

Welcome to the ongoing US effort to stifle knowledge creation:

Note that in the US we have a single constitutional justification for
and copyright: that they **promote progress**.  Our patent system has
been in serious violation of this since Warren Burger wrote Diamond vs.
One reason that open source software is so absolutely critical in this
environment is that it provides a well documented history of "prior art".

Alan Isaac