[SciPy-Dev] PR: Add solout support to dopri5 and dop853

John Travers jtravs@gmail....
Thu Nov 29 09:35:00 CST 2012

Hi all,

I realise that the ode code has its problems/detractors, but I needed a long requested feature, so I tried to add it:

This enables the use of a callback function which is called at each internal integration step of dopri5 or dop853. This is useful to monitor the ode evolution at its natural time-scale without increasing the output density. It also enables stopping the integration mid-way.

This feature was requested quite a while ago, just before my absence from scipy development:

Comments/improvements welcome.