[SciPy-Dev] Contributing to the Documentation

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Thu Aug 1 15:41:33 CDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM, Andreas Hilboll <lists@hilboll.de> wrote:

> Am Do 01 Aug 2013 22:22:02 CEST schrieb Juan Luis Cano:
> > On 08/01/2013 07:56 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> >>
> >>     On the contribution page you encourage enhancements to scipy's
> >>     documentation - is still so, and - if yes - do you prefer pull
> >>     requests
> >>     (via Github) or is it better to use the documentation wiki?
> >>

> >> We indeed prefer pull requests, those are quite a bit easier to
> >> review and merge. We keep the documentation wiki for people who just
> >> want to make a quick edit or are uncomfortable working with git.
> >
> > What about the "Edit" button on GitHub?
> That just creates a fork and sends a pull request, all "under the hood".

I think Juan knows that, the question is whether we'd like people to use
that instead of the doc wiki. To be honest I don't know, haven't tried it
myself yet. If it works well then maybe yes, but probably only for small
edits (unless you can go back and add more commits to the same PR.