[SciPy-Dev] disabling Accelerate on OS X

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers@gmail....
Tue Jun 11 01:34:31 CDT 2013

Given the issues we've been having with Accelerate on OS X 10.7 and 10.8,
we plan to disable support for it completely in scipy (and numpy, will
bring that up on numpy-discussion later) before the next release.

This will make compiling on OS X harder, but we can't leave functionality
giving incorrect results (and ~70 test errors) hang around forever, so we
have to do something. We'll do some testing and write up a guide for how to
build against other BLAS/LAPACK implementations. Homebrew already supports
OpenBLAS, so that's a good option for who doesn't want to go through
compiling their own libraries.