[SciPy-Dev] regarding reputation system and commenting system of spc

Surya Kasturi suryak@ieee....
Thu Jun 27 10:45:19 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Pauli Virtanen <pav@iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
> 25.06.2013 00:59, Surya Kasturi kirjoitti:
> [clip]
> > 1. Should we have down-vote? (we are not Q&A site)
> Regarding scoring, I think this is necessary reading:
>      http://www.evanmiller.org/how-not-to-sort-by-average-rating.html
> We're all for taking a scientific approach, of course :)
> So it seems there needs to be a measure of upvotes, and the amount of
> total attention the package is getting.
> Keeping track of upvotes vs. page views or download counts would also
> probably do. The problem with page views and downloads is making sure
> robots are filtered out from the data.
> > 2. How to rate Users -- Any scale for providing points
> I'm not sure voting users is at all necessary.
>  > 3. Should we have points for comments? and should we have downvote?
> For comments, I think upvotes are enough to determine positive vs. total
> hits. There should also be an option to "flag" content for moderator
> attention (meaning spam/etc).
> --
> Pauli Virtanen

Thanks for the info... couple of questions more..

1. We can link reputation to "Submission" object as a whole or individual
"reputation" objects..
2. Shouldn't one revision object inherit some reputation for previous one??
Its just an improved verion probably (dont' know)..

I have to confess something that I dont technically know how revision code
differ from previous revision..

3. There is some existing unused code
attached reputation to "submission" object.. This means, all revision
objects have same reputation.

Any input regarding it?