[SciPy-Dev] Survey for framework and library developers: "Information needs in software ecosystems"

Nicole Haenni nicole.haenni@gmail....
Sat Mar 2 20:40:17 CST 2013

I’m Nicole Haenni and I'm doing research for my thesis at the University of
Berne (scg.unibe.ch) with Mircea Lungu and Niko Schwarz. We are researching
on monitoring the activity in software ecosystems. This is a study about
information needs that arise in such software ecosystems. I need your help
to fill out the survey below. It takes about 10 minutes to complete it.

A software ecosystem can be a project repository like GitHub, an open
source community (e.g. the Apache community) or a language-based community
(e.g. Smalltalk has Squeaksource, Ruby has Rubyforge).

We formulate our research question as follows:
"What information needs arise when developers use code from other projects,
or see their own code used elsewhere."

Survey link: http://bit.ly/14Zc71N
or original link:

Thank you for your support!