[Scipy-svn] r4184 - trunk/scipy/cluster
Sun Apr 27 04:38:39 CDT 2008
Date: 2008-04-27 04:38:37 -0500 (Sun, 27 Apr 2008)
New Revision: 4184
Added description for the hierarchy module. Changed English for vq module.
--- trunk/scipy/cluster/info.py 2008-04-27 09:27:17 UTC (rev 4183)
+++ trunk/scipy/cluster/info.py 2008-04-27 09:38:37 UTC (rev 4184)
@@ -2,9 +2,18 @@
Vector Quantization / Kmeans
- Clustering Algorithms are useful in Information Theory, target detection,
- communications, compression, and other areas. Currently only Vector
- Quantization and the KMeans algorithm are supported by the vq module.
- Self Organized Feature Maps (SOM) and other approaches are also scheduled
- to appear at a theater near you.
+ Clustering algorithms are useful in information theory, target detection,
+ communications, compression, and other areas. The vq module only
+ supports vector quantization and the k-means algorithms. Development
+ of self-organizing maps (SOM) and other approaches is underway.
+ The hierarchy module provides functions for hierarchical and agglomerative
+ clustering. Its features include generating hierarchical clusters from
+ distance matrices, computing distance matrices from observation vectors,
+ calculating statistics on clusters, cutting linkages to generate flat
+ clusters, and visualizing clusters with dendrograms.
More information about the Scipy-svn