[Scipy-svn] r6565 - in trunk/scipy/constants: . tests
Sat Jun 26 13:53:16 CDT 2010
Date: 2010-06-26 13:53:16 -0500 (Sat, 26 Jun 2010)
New Revision: 6565
ENH: Clean up codata.
--- trunk/scipy/constants/codata.py 2010-06-26 18:53:11 UTC (rev 6564)
+++ trunk/scipy/constants/codata.py 2010-06-26 18:53:16 UTC (rev 6565)
@@ -2,22 +2,26 @@
# updated to 2002 values by BasSw, 2006
# Updated to 2006 values by Vincent Davis June 2010
-""" Fundamental Physical Constants
+Fundamental Physical Constants
- These constants are taken from CODATA Recommended Values of the
- Fundamental Physical Constants. They may be found at
+These constants are taken from CODATA Recommended Values of the
+Fundamental Physical Constants. They may be found at
- The values are stored in the dictionary physical_constants as a tuple
- containing the value, the units, and the relative precision, in that order.
- All constants are in SI units unless otherwise stated.
- Several helper functions are provided:
+The values are stored in the dictionary physical_constants as a tuple
+containing the value, the units, and the relative precision, in that
+order. All constants are in SI units unless otherwise stated.
- value(key) : returns the value of the physical constant.
- unit(key) : returns the units of the physical constant.
- precision(key) : returns the relative precision of the physical constant.
- find(sub) : prints a list of keys containing the string sub, Defualt is all.
+Several helper functions are provided:
+ value(key) : Returns the value of the physical constant.
+ unit(key) : Returns the units of the physical constant.
+ precision(key) : Returns the relative precision of the physical constant.
+ find(sub) : Prints a list of keys containing the string sub.
+ If sub is not specified, returns all keys.
@@ -26,25 +30,17 @@
__all__ = ['physical_constants', 'value', 'unit', 'precision', 'find']
-Source: Source of the CODATA internationally recommended values
- The values of the constants provided at this site are recommended for
- international use by CODATA and are the latest available. Termed the
- "2006 CODATA recommended values," they are generally recognized
- worldwide for use in all fields of science and technology. The values
- became available in March 2007 and replaced the 2002 CODATA set. They
- are based on all of the data available through 31 December 2006. The
- 2006 adjustment was carried out under the auspices of the CODATA Task
- Group on Fundamental Constants. Also available is an Introduction to
- the constants for nonexperts.
+The values of the constants provided at the above site are recommended
+for international use by CODATA and are the latest available. Termed
+the "2006 CODATA recommended values", they are generally recognized
+worldwide for use in all fields of science and technology. The values
+became available in March 2007 and replaced the 2002 CODATA set. They
+are based on all of the data available through 31 December 2006. The
+2006 adjustment was carried out under the auspices of the CODATA Task
+Group on Fundamental Constants.
-bibliography: This bibliography gives citations for the most important
- theoretical and experimental publications relevant to the
- fundamental constants and closely related precision measurements
- published since the mid 1980s, but also including many older
- papers of particular interest, some of which date back to the
Quantity Value Uncertainty Unit
@@ -471,7 +467,7 @@
return physical_constants[key] / physical_constants[key]
-def find(sub, disp=True) :
+def find(sub=None, disp=True) :
Return list of codata.physical_constant keys containing a given string
@@ -482,9 +478,8 @@
- sub : str, unicode or defualt=None
- defualt, print all keys
- Sub-string to search keys for
+ sub : str, unicode
+ Sub-string to search keys for. By default, return all keys.
disp : bool
If True, print the keys that are found, and return None.
Otherwise, return the list of keys without printing anything.
@@ -504,17 +499,13 @@
warnings.warn("In Scipy version 0.8.0, the keyword argument 'disp' was added to "
"find(), with the default value True. In 0.9.0, the default will be False.",
- if sub==None:
- results = physical_constants.keys()
+ if sub is None:
+ result = physical_constants.keys()
- l_sub = string.lower(sub)
- result = 
- for key in physical_constants :
- l_key = string.lower(key)
- if l_sub in l_key:
+ result = [key for key in physical_constants \
+ if sub.lower() in key.lower()]
for key in result:
--- trunk/scipy/constants/tests/test_codata.py 2010-06-26 18:53:11 UTC (rev 6564)
+++ trunk/scipy/constants/tests/test_codata.py 2010-06-26 18:53:16 UTC (rev 6565)
@@ -39,5 +39,12 @@
assert_equal('%d %s' % (codata.c, codata.unit('speed of light in vacuum')),
'299792458 m s^-1')
+ assert len(codata.find(disp=False)) > 300
+ assert_equal(codata.find('Wien freq', disp=False),
+ 'Wien frequency displacement law constant')
if __name__ == "__main__":
More information about the Scipy-svn