[SciPy-user] Alternative to NumTut's view() function?

Prabhu Ramachandran scipy-user@scipy.net
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:02:08 +0530

    FP> At any rate, I wonder if as part of scipy there is anything
    FP> with similar functionality.  view() allows one to view 2-d
    FP> arrays as images, in either grayscale or color.  Since I don't
    FP> have high hopes for anyone fixing view(), and I'm switching to
    FP> scipy for all my work, I'd be happy to go with a scipy-based
    FP> alternative if one exists.

Well, you could do it with MayaVi.  I have a mayamat module on my
system that I use to sample functions of the form z = F(x,y) and plot
them using MayaVi and pyVTK.  It should be easy to view any 2d array
using this.

If folks are interested I'll put it up for download sometime this