[SciPy-user] scipy general_function segfault

Pearu Peterson scipy-user@scipy.net
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:23:05 +0300 (EEST)

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Arnd Baecker wrote:

> today I re-installed with
>   export CC=gcc-3.2
> and general_function works again - great.

I just stripped special module to contain only code needed for
general_function and compiled it using gcc-3.3.1.
Now general_function test passes OK.

Travis, do you mind if I factor arraymap out from cephesmodule.c to a
separate extension module, say arraymapmodule.c? This might fix the
gcc-3.3.1 segfault issue (though, the actual cause for the segfault is
left to be discovered).

> On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Pearu Peterson wrote:
>
> > > Would  a small unit test for general_function
> > > be useful ?
> >
> > It is in the CVS repository already;)
>
> Obviously, things get updated more quickly than one can download ;-)
> Excellent! I just tested this and
> a scipy.test(1) gives
>
> [...]
> .............EE.................................zsh:
> 3532 segmentation fault  ipython
>
> This clearly shows the user that there is a problem,
> but a proper bug-report will be difficult by this information alone.
>
> Is there a way to add a "verbose" option to the tests
> so that it automatically tells, which test is being run next?
> (Or could one use a log-file with this information?)

Yes, there is. One must use verbosity=2 argument in TextTestRunner
constructor in tests/test_*.py files. I think it makes sense adding such a
keyword argument also to

  scipy.test()

function. Keep an eye on Scipy CVS...;)

Pearu