[SciPy-user] Re: [SciPy-dev] Scheduled release

Travis Oliphant scipy-user@scipy.net
Fri Sep 26 00:27:00 CDT 2003

Pearu Peterson wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Travis Oliphant wrote:

I would like feedback on a change I made recently to CVS.   I noticed
that LAPACK functions were locking up the interpreter when nans (and/or
infs) where in the array sent to the routine.

Has this behavior been observed before or is it due to use of ATLAS,
recently compilation flags etc...

I've "solved" the problem by elminating all nans before calling the
ATLAS routines.

If anyone has other suggestions for this problem, let me know.

-Travis O.