[SciPy-user] Question re: Building on FreeBSD

William Blum bill.blum at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 14 17:53:05 CDT 2004

Okay, count me as another person interested in getting SciPy working on

Anyways-- I've run into a problem, error message included below:
compling C sources
cc options: '-fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O -pipe -march=pentium4
compile options: '-DUSE_MCONF_LITE_LE -I/usr/local/include/python2.3 -c'
cc: scipy_core/scipy_base/fastumathmodule.c
In file included from scipy_core/scipy_base/fastumathmodule.c:27:
scipy_core/scipy_base/fastumath_unsigned.inc:2784: error: `acosh'
undeclared her
e (not in a function)
scipy_core/scipy_base/fastumath_unsigned.inc:2784: error: initializer
element is
  not constant
(rest deleted)

I went to the mailing archives first, found a message from Pearu
suggesting the use of -UHAVE_INVERSE_HYPERBOLIC to solve this...

My question is:    where on earth do I need to put that in the setup
files so that it gets appended as an option to the compiler?

Thanks for your help.

-Bill Blum