[SciPy-user] odeint -- segmentation fault

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Mon Aug 30 15:49:04 CDT 2004

Giovanni Samaey wrote:

> Since I do not have access to odeint's code, I cannot tell what is going
> on, nor how to solve this...
> How could this problem be solved effectively?

First, try an example where rhs is not a SWIGed function. That might be
the problem itself. I tried a simple example with a Python rhs (on a
Powerbook with CVS SciPy) and I didn't get a segfault.

If you want to see odeint's source code to help you debug, just download
it: http://www.scipy.org/download/

When you have more information, also please provide your platform and
SciPy version so we know where to look.

Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter