[SciPy-user] ... object has no attribute 'zgelss'

H Jansen h.jansen at fel.tno.nl
Fri Feb 13 16:08:27 CST 2004

Many Lapack routines can't be found when I do:

import scipy

For instance:

ERROR: check_random_complex_exact (test_basic.test_lstsq)
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 346, in check_random_complex_exact
     x = lstsq(a,b)[0]
line 281, in lstsq
     gelss, = get_lapack_funcs(('gelss',),(a1,b1))
line 55, in get_lapack_funcs
     func = getattr(m2,func_name)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'zgelss'

... << more of the same, all related to lapack subroutines >>

When I do "nm liblapack.a | grep zgelss" code for "zgelss_"; likewise
with all other routines. I'm using ATLAS-3.6.0 and my liblapack is
complete (appr. 6.8 Mb, routines added from CLAPACK). Apparently,
there's an interface mismatch between ATLAS and scipy

The scipy source builts with the command

	python setup.py build build_ext `pkg-config atlas --cflags --libs`

resulting the linalg shared modules to be linked as

-llapack -lf77blas -lcblas -latlas -lg2c

Some help will be highly appreated! Thanks.

-- Henk

The disclaimer that applies to e-mail from
TNO Physics and Electronics Laboratory
can be found on: http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html