[SciPy-user] Accumulated current problems

matt matt at hotdispatch.com
Sat Jul 17 14:26:37 CDT 2004

scipy.test() still returns errors about:

line 91, in get_eig_func
     eig = scipy.linalg.eig
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'eig'

I tried using the fsolve example, but I can't import optimize until I
run the tests.

After running the tests, I can load stuff from optimize, but I get an
error that cos isn't defined

I can get cos to work if I manually import Numeric.  I would think that
the init of scipy would do this for me (certainly implied by the

I've tried setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH and all of the FFTW,DJBFFTW,ATLAS
type environ variables, and scipy still seems to have problems finding
libraries even though I have both the static and dynamic ones present
and pointed to.