[SciPy-user] fsolve side affecting output

matt matt at hotdispatch.com
Mon Jul 26 15:55:38 CDT 2004

optimize.fsolve returns the inputs that result in a zero for the
function it is passed.   It doesn't, however, throw an exception or
give a special return value when it dumps one of these warnings to
standard out.

Is there a way to supress the dumps to std out?  I still want my print
commands to be visible, so I can't just redirect everything that goes
to std out.

Does anyone know if there are plans to add an exception or success code
to the output of this function?