[SciPy-user] tracebacks when running tests

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Jun 3 18:41:06 CDT 2004

Elliot Peele wrote:

> Also I've noticed a bug in building rpms with setup.py. Since Red Hat's
> rpm generates debug packages there are two package to copy into the dist
> directory and python's distutils seems to traceback when thats the case.

You and I seem to be tracking each other fairly closely in terms of the bugs
we run into :)  Just yesterday I posted this exact same message to the numpy
list.  The end of the traceback there was:

line 316, in run
AssertionError: unexpected number of RPM files found:

The good thing is that the rpms DO get built, so you can just fish them out
by hand from this path and use them.  It might be worth filing a distutils
bug on SF about this one.