[SciPy-user] help and lazy importer (again or still ?)

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue May 11 02:00:12 CDT 2004

Dear Pearu,

I checked out the CVS version and there seem to be
some further issues (each starting with a fresh python

Case 1 (this works now - thanks!!!)

from scipy.integrate import odeint

Case 2

Python 2.3.3 (#1, May  3 2004, 16:38:25)
[GCC 3.3.3 (Debian)] on linux2
>>> help("scipy.integrateMISPELLED.odeint")
/home/python/PYTHON_New/lib/python2.3/site-packages/scipy/pilutil.pyc No
module named PIL
no Python documentation found for 'scipy.integrateMISPELLED.odeint'

>>> help("scipy.integrate.odeint")
ppimport('scipy.integrate.odeint') caller locals:
No module named odeint

and no further repetition of the call helps here ;-).
Doing then
works, and after this
works as well.

Case 3

from scipy.integrate import odeint

def f(x):
   """doc string for f(x)"""
   return x*x

>>> help(f)
[[gives the help on f and then, after returning from the pager: ]]
No module named wxPython
No module named wxPython

>From a user perspective I would not have thought to see this here ;-)

Sorry for being a pain here, but maybe
you (again) have a solution for the above points.

Many thanks, Arnd